Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: My Altec A7

  1. #1
    Inactive Member wayned's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2010
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    My Altec A7

    Hello, I am a ALTEC fan from CHINA SHANGHAI, I have 2 pairs of ALTEC A7
    1 Altec(Heathkit) 811+806-8A Altec(Heathkit) 416-8A Altec N800G 828 cabniet
    2 Altec(Heathkit) 811+806-8A Altec(Heathkit) 416-8A Altec N800D 828 cabniet

    These pictures are the second pair that I assembled

    Sorry fro my poor English

    Wayne from CHINA SHANGHAI

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Hello Wayne. Those look very nice. Welcome to the forum!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member wayned's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2010
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
    Hello Wayne. Those look very nice. Welcome to the forum!
    Thanks Panomaniac, I with my first pair A7 more than 4 years, and I assembled the second pair for the plan of my Home Theater( use 4 A7).

    Here is my first pair A7.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member wayned's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2010
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    I have a question

    What different between the Altec and the Altec manufactured for HEATHKIT, is there the same quality ,thanks.:thankU:

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Welcome!

    Interesting that you use the cab as a crude back loaded horn (BLH) with its high tuning, so do you use a sub-woofer system? Also, I take it you listen at fairly low average SPLs since I see no cab, and particularly mouth, bracing to keep it from 'singing' along, or are you one of those folks that prefer the added 'color' that some folks perceive as a more 'full'/'rich', closer to live performance. Just curious, there's no right or wrong answer since we all hear the same, yet not so much.

    Anyway, the Heathkit speakers used the same driver, horn components as similar Altec speakers, though the few I'm familiar with had Heathkit designed XOs that some consider to be sonically superior to Altec's.

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  6. #6
    HB Super Moderator
    My Altec A7


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Welcome Wayne !!! Very nice A-7's you have there.:welcome:

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    And a nice Revox A77 to go with the A7, it looks like. =)

  8. #8
    Inactive Member wayned's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2010
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Welcome!

    Interesting that you use the cab as a crude back loaded horn (BLH) with its high tuning, so do you use a sub-woofer system? Also, I take it you listen at fairly low average SPLs since I see no cab, and particularly mouth, bracing to keep it from 'singing' along, or are you one of those folks that prefer the added 'color' that some folks perceive as a more 'full'/'rich', closer to live performance. Just curious, there's no right or wrong answer since we all hear the same, yet not so much.

    Anyway, the Heathkit speakers used the same driver, horn components as similar Altec speakers, though the few I'm familiar with had Heathkit designed XOs that some consider to be sonically superior to Altec's.

    GM
    Hi GM

    The new Home Theater is the plan for 2011, so I do not use a sub-woofer and second pair A7 yet. Now I use one pair A7 and one pair 755C(Diy floor standing cabinet) for my theater.

    I used the cab with my first pair A7, the second pair A7 still do not consummate, I had make two wood panel and still not fix.

    Sorry for my poor English.

    Wayne:thankU:

  9. #9
    Inactive Member wayned's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2010
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Welcome Wayne !!! Very nice A-7's you have there.:welcome:

    Thanks, I wish I can learn more in this forum.:thankU:

  10. #10
    Inactive Member wayned's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2010
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: My Altec A7

    Quote Originally Posted by Panomaniac View Post
    And a nice Revox A77 to go with the A7, it looks like. =)
    This is the list of my Hifi system
    1 CD Studer A730
    2 LP EMT 930st+155st+TSD15
    3 Reel to reel tape recorder REVOX A700(4 tracks) REVOX A700(2 tracks) REVOX A77(2 tracks) REVOX D36(2 tracks) REVOX D36(4 tracks) REVOX E36(4 tracks)
    4 Tape recorder REVOX B710
    5 Receiver REVOX B760
    6 Pre-amp Marantz 7c
    7 Amp Marantz 8B

    Wayne:thankU:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.